Saturday, January 24, 2015

December Holidays (Christmas Tree)

In December I wanted to do a display that would include all the December holidays. I thought a Christmas tree would be the best for this. This tree is made out of green paper and then the balls are scratch paper and magazine pages. Olaf the Snowman was a craft project that the youth department made.
Side view.


We had books, movies, and music for all ages about Christmas (featuring both Santa and Christ's birth), Hanukkah, and Kwanza.

Making the tree was simply made by cutting strips of paper like this. Then forming the triangle tree shape. Then I ruffled the "branches" and added circles cut from old magazine pages.
This is the poster that I used. I can't remember where I found the book and bookmark. I have used this image for a few years for other library things. I just added the Santa hats to make it festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment